Forum Discussion

CaitlinMoir
Community Member
18 days ago

Improving the presentation of complex diagrams

I am an instructional designer, working for an engineering consulting corporate. Often the content and subject matter which the consulting engineers work with, contains complex diagrams such as process flow diagrams of plants/sites (eg a plant on at an oil and gas facility). These diagrams form part of the training material used in virtual instructor led (VILT) and eLearning courses. 

Currently, we often include illegible versions of these diagrams in the eLearning (as images inserted into Moodle books), and the VILT training, so that the learners can get an "overall idea of the process". But including illegible assets is not good instructional design practice.

How can I use Articulate Storyline to design something better, and solve this problem?

Thanking you in advance

• As i worked on several projects involving complex diagrams like you describe, i found a few solutions for that. Animation can be part of it. Zooming, panning and highlighting/ showing parts of the diagramme can work well. If you share a diagramme / storyline i gladleer show these techniques.