Forum Discussion

ChrisMelbye
Community Member
6 months ago

Installed new font, works in Rise, not is Storyline

Hello

I installed a new font into Windows, works fine in Rise but when i try to change text to it in Storyline, error message box pops up and doesn't change the font. 

• To install a font in Rise you need to convert to a woff and upload to Rise. Only Storyline will work with fonts installed on your machine. Have you tried closing and reopening storyline? If it was open when you installed it wont be usable.

ChrisMelbye
    Community Member

I tried your tips, didn't help, here is the error message i get when I try to change to the new font:

• if the error message appears - please click on the blue text button "information", then a second window will open with more informations

just copy the text from the second window and post it here

ChrisMelbye
    Community Member

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <ErrorReport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <UserId>auth0|10614d60-e04a-0131-a841-22000a4595b0</UserId>
    <HardwareId>TVVUU-8V8EU-CW77F-M7P13-FVH1A</HardwareId>
    <Message>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</Message>
    <StackTrace> at new Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.ScriptShaping(LayoutFont layoutFont, GlyphData glyphData, CharDataRange chars, LayoutSpanStyle style)
    at IList&lt;int&gt; Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.Run.ShapeGlyphs(GlyphData glyphData)
    at IList&lt;int&gt; Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.Run.Shape(GlyphData glyphData, float previousWidth, TabScanner tabScanner)
    at void Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.LayoutBlock.LayoutLines(float desktopDpiHeight, int spaceBefore, int spaceAfter, bool wrap)
    at void Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.LayoutBlock.UpdateLayout(float desktopDpiHeight, int spaceBefore, int spaceAfter, bool wrap)
    at void Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.Layout.UpdateLayoutForWidth(float width)
    at void Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.Layout.UpdateLayout()
    at void Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.Layout.UpdateLayout(Graphics graphics)
    at void Articulate.Text.Forms.TextPane.UpdateLayout()
    at void Articulate.Text.Forms.TextPane.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, short layer)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(ref Message m)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(ref Message m)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(ref Message m)
    at void Articulate.Text.Forms.TextPane.WndProc(ref Message m)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(ref Message m)
    at void System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(ref Message m)
    at IntPtr System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, int msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)</StackTrace>
    </ErrorReport>

Jürgen_Schoene_
      Community Member

storyline crashed while creating text field - unfortunately that doesn't help much

Articulate.Text.Platform.DirectWrite.ScriptShaping(LayoutFont layoutFont, GlyphData glyphData, CharDataRange chars, LayoutSpanStyle style)
      Articulate.Text.Forms.TextPane.UpdateLayout()

your 'problem' font is DigiKey Artex?

I have not found any information on the web to this font - a corporate font?

you should open a support case

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Chris!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback when adding new fonts to Storyline!

Glad to see Phil and Jurgen have been helping you. I noticed that you've also opened a support case that's being handled by my colleague, John Carlo. It looks like John Carlo replied to your e-mail requesting a sample of the font so he can test the behavior on his end.

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot.