Forum Discussion

ValescaLousberg
Community Member
8 days ago

Interactive video with lightbox slides, problem how to resume video after pause

Hi everyone

I'm making an interactive video in Storyline. I have a lot of questions, with feedback, so I reated the questions on separate slides. In the video I added cue points. I created a trigger to lightbox a slide when the timeline reaches a certain cue point. I created a trigger to pause the video when timeline reaches that cue point. That seems to work. Problem I have now is, how can I resume the video after the user has closed the lightbox slide with a question? I can't create a trigger on my video slide using an object from the lightbox slide I guess. Shoudl I create a variable that that changes when the closing button of the lightbox slide is clicked?

Thx so much for your ideas!

Valesca

• Hi ValescaLousberg

Thanks for reaching out about your Storyline project. Could you please share your .story file in this thread or privately in a support case. It will be helpful to take a closer look at your setup! 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Hi Luciana

Thx for your quick reply! Attached you find the file. I only added the triggers on the video for cue point 1, leading to slide 1.5 with the question. 

My students have to watch the entire video and answer all questions so I will restrict navigation and chose allow to use playbar after visited.

Thx for the suppport!

• Can't seem to upload the project here, so I submitted a support case: 00922282 

LucianaPiazza
      Staff

Hi ValescaLousberg!

No worries, great call opening a case to share your file with us. I see you're working with my colleague Lianne. You're in excellent hands! 

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a wonderful weekend!