Forum Discussion

WendyGarrison
Community Member
13 years ago

Is anyone laptop shopping over the Memorial Day weekend?

I am busy working on a course over the holiday so I am consoling myself with a bit of retail therapy. I am in desparate need of a new laptop but never seem to find the time to look. I noticed a number of sales currently going on with the holiday and would love to purchase something and be done with it. I am looking for a laptop that will be somewhat portable so weight is a bit of an issue, though not a deal breaker. Otherwise, decent ram, graphics card, nice battery and a backlit keyboard would be nice. I am sure that it is the same specs as most of us around here.

Here are a couple that I have been looking at. Any thoughts or suggestions???  Laptop purchasing drives me insane. Way, way too many options. Thanks!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1753822&SRCCODE=BIZRATE&cm_mmc_o=2mHCjCmtB5ObkkzCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=26-141749109-2 --- will need to upgrade RAM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2359664&sku=H24-15271

I also have a couple of Dells bookmarked but am having a hard time getting the specs to copy in. They are a bit higher in price.

XPS 15z XPS 15z
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit, English
Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor (2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz
Keyboard Backlit Keyboard - English
LCD & Color Elemental Silver Aluminum 15.6" HD (720P) WLED Display with Webcam
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
Hard Drive 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Integrated Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
Adobe Reader Adobe® Reader X
Optical Drive 8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Sound Waves Maxx Audio 3
Wireless Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 & Bluetooth 3.0
XPS 15z XPS 15z
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit, English
Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor (2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.10 GHz)
Memory 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1333MHz
Keyboard Backlit Keyboard - English
LCD & Color Elemental Silver Aluminum 15.6" HD (720P) WLED Display with Webcam
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M 1GB graphics with Optimus
Hard Drive 750GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Integrated Network Adapter Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
Adobe Reader Adobe® Reader X
Optical Drive 8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Sound Waves Maxx Audio 3
Wireless Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6230 & Bluetooth 3.0