Forum Discussion

MahsaHadadi-50d
Community Member
5 years ago

Issue with re-versioning Rise and storyline 360 (scrom 1.2) in cornerstone!!!

Hi,

We use Cornerstone on-demand in our company. Recently, we have some difficulty to replace our courses made by Rise(scorm 1.2) on LMS. After publishing our course on Cornerstone, we had some minor corrections with texts and replacement some words(typo), but nothing changed in the structure at all it was completely the same. However, we recognized after exporting for the second time we were not able to replace the course and we need to create another version which is not really applicable in our situation because the courses are a part of the curriculum on LMS and if each courses get the new version curriculum will get a new version for each course. It means that if I have a curriculum with 3 courses the last version of the curriculum after re-versioning will end up with version 4.0 which is not really good and somehow impact the report. To add more, in my investigation I found out something changes inside SCORM manifest. Could you please explain what's going on? and how we can resolve this issue from Articulate standing point?

Thank,

Mahsa

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Andrew,

Rise 360 still doesn't have a feature that allows it to reuse course identifiers when publishing courses. 

As a workaround for your new course versions, please use this setting to reset learner progress, export the content again, and make sure the identifier is the same as the original course identifier in your lmsmanifest.xml file (since this is a copy of the original course). After making these changes and uploading the new output, learners should start from the beginning of the course when launching it.

I've also raised a feature request on your behalf for the addition of an option that will allow Rise 360 to keep the original course identifiers when publishing new versions of a course.