Forum Discussion

ChrisHebron-619
Community Member
2 months ago

Issues when saving Storyline 3 to 360

Has anyone had any issues with courses when saving Storyline 3 modules to Storyline 360?

I have inherited a course from a previous eLearning developer but when I saved it to 360 and published ....some of the quiz triggers have not converted. :-(

I mainly use Rise for my courses...Unfortunately this one is way too big for me to convert to Rise and has 6 other modules that would need updating too - My thought is to delete the question, but just concerned it may happen to other courses that I may need to amend?

Thanks in Advance.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Chris,

Storyline 360 is more "up-to-date" and therefore has a few more and different features than SL3. So unfortunately that also means that not all importing from SL3 to SL 360 will be seemless, and triggers are one thing that sometimes dont come across.

However, looking at your screenshot, this is quite an extreme example!

Im very confused that there are so many triggers here, and Im suspicious if the previous Storyline developer maybe has done a lot of things here that simply dont need to exist!

For example, I can see alot of those triggers are for changing the STATE of a check box... but if you create a standard Storyline question (or even whats called a FREEFORM question) then this is all completely handled for you, and its rare that you would need to so much manually.

Bottom line, I would stick with Storyline 360 for sure, but instead of patching a lot of triggers, I would rebuild this question as a standard Graded or Freeform question. It should only take a few minutes.

Hope that helps! :)

• Thanks Andrew...Yes I think my predecessor has over complicated many of the functions made available to them!!

Moving forward I will change the questions rather than try and emulate.  

Thanks again. 

• Thanks for the information Kelly....

Eventually I will be reviewing these courses and creating new ones on RISE, so no point in wasting anymore time on them, but thanks for the offer of help.