Forum Discussion

AllyMontgomer
Community Member
8 months ago

Keep user answers in questions AFTER retrying the quiz

Hi,

I have a client who wants a slightly unusual action for the quiz. So for every quiz question they want to be able to freely change the answers at any point. Fine. So for each question I have a custom 'Submit' button that's really just a next button. It means if they quit the assessment they can go back through and freely change their answers.

Once they land on the results slide it seems to auto-submit all answers, this is also fine. However the problem arises when the user has 1 more chance to complete the assessment. They click on retry and it resets all the previous answers. I need to KEEP all the previous answers BUT allow the user to change them. I've tried with a custom 'retry' button that just jumps the user back to the first question but because visiting the results slide seems to auto-submit the answers (obviously to calculate the score) it means all the previously selected answers are 'frozen' and can't be changed.

Is there anyway to allow users to retry the assessment but see their previously selected answers?

• I haven't tested this, but it may be possible to use a variable to do this. Of course, you'll need to know how to work with variables.

• The choices are selected states.
    • When someone visits a slide, you can track the choice they made
    • Thus when the quiz is reset and they revisit a slide you could use a trigger to select the question
    • For example, have a variable for each choice: 
      • varChoiceA_Selected = False
      • When they select the choice, have a trigger to change the var from false to true
      • When they revisit the slide, you have a trigger that changes the choice to selected when the timeline of the slide starts on the condition that var = true

Something like that. There is some nuance because if a person clicks on all three choices before submitting, they could have all variables set to true, so you need to account for that

Here's some training on variables if you don't know how to work with them