Forum Discussion

PatrickOBrien-8
Community Member
3 months ago

Launch Player in a New Window xAPI Storyline 360

I use an LMS with a Rustici engine. I prefer courses to launch in a new browser window to give students complete control. When using Presenter (Studio) publishing, checking those boxes in the player control causes "launcher.html" to be populated in the Launch URL in the reporting section of the publish form. That all worked great. Then I moved my course (imported the PowerPoint) into Storyline. It would not launch in a new window. After MUCH troubleshooting and comparing the Presenter published files to Storyline published files, I see that launcher.html is not the launch file identified in the tincan.xml file. Nowhere in your documentation does it say to change the launch file in the publish settings for Storyline xAPI. PLEASE update documentation to indicate this may be necessary. See:
Storyline: New Launch File for xAPI Courses - Articulate Support
Browser Settings & Player Size in Storyline 360 - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com)
Storyline 360 and Storyline 3: Accessible Launch Page - Articulate Support

• Hello Patrick!

We've connected with our Documentation team to make these changes in the articles you've linked. I don't have an update to share yet but when I do, I'll be sure to update this discussion!