Forum Discussion

• I'm testing the publish  xAPI with the SumTotal Learn 17.2 LMS. It captures the completion data like date/time etc but there is no interactive data. For example I can add a YouTube video using xAPI and not only get completion data but interactive data, like when the video was abandoned and relaunched etc. I'm getting no detail from my Rise module. Should I be?

Before I go back to SumTotal I wanted to verify that there are statements and statuses in RISE published xAPI files that I should be receiving.

Crystal-Horn
      Staff

Hi there, Charles.  Currently, Rise is sending information about attempting and completing the content, but not answer or activity details.

We are working toward including question-level detail in LMS reporting in Rise.  I'll add this post to that documentation so we can give you an update on the progress toward that feature!

CassiusNetzley
        Community Member
        Crystal Horn

We are working toward including question-level detail in LMS reporting in Rise.  I'll add this post to that documentation so we can give you an update on the progress toward that feature!

Any traction/progress on the 'question-level detail in LMS reporting in Rise' w/ TinCan exports? Is this on a roadmap and/or slated for a particular quarter to be released?

Thank you for your time and insight!

• Hey Peter!

I responded to a similar post here.

Again as I mentioned, you are certainly welcome to reach out to the user directly via the 'Contact Me' option on the user profile if you do not hear back soon.

ErickWell
    Community Member

Dear all,

I used to upload Rise contents using Tin Can Api but since last Friday, my system appears to be no longer able to read the zip file created by Rise. Did you experience such issue? Any idea to fix it?

Regards,

• Hi Erick,

Are you seeing a particular error message? If so, could you share that here with us? We did release an update to Rise last week that was specific to Tin Can API, so that may be connected to what you're experiencing. Knowing a bit more about that error message would help us track it down! 

ErickWell
    Community Member

Hi Ashley, 

There is no specific message but just :

This file type is not supported.

when I try to upload the zip file generated by the export using the Tin Can option on Rise.

Best regards

• Hi Erick,

What LMS are you using? Have you also tested it at SCORM Cloud? I was able to successfully upload a sample Rise course there that I exported with Tin Can API - so I'd want to know if your version also works there. If not, perhaps something is occurring as a part of the export/saving process?

If it does work at SCORM Cloud, you'll want to reach out to your LMS admin about the course and how you should upload it to work correctly.

• I am at an important time, launching content in my LITMOS LMS.  I see that scorm still has the reporting advantage of passed/incomplete, failed, complete/incomplete complete failed when exporting.

I noticed this has been on the road map for 11 months, if I want that reporting, should I export in 1.2? I would prefer to use the latest api.

• Thanks, Katie (and to your team) for this update and enhancement! Will be very useful in continuing to adopt Rise and track analytics on the LMS side of things. 

CamilleReeves
    Community Member

Is there a timeline for when xAPI will have full capabilities with Rise like it currently has with Storyline?

hazelB
      Staff

Thanks so much for your interest! We don't have information on that yet, and we'll update this discussion if we do make any changes.