Forum Discussion

AshlynRoberto-c
Community Member
3 months ago

Next button disabled until all items clicked

Hi all - I have this slide where I want the learner to click items that our company provides service for. I created hotspots on each item and when the hotspot is clicked, a checkmark is displayed (via showing a layer). I want the user to not be able to click Next until the user has identified all 6 objects. How can I accomplish this? I know there is no "change state of next button to normal once all hotspots have been clicked" lol

• Actually, there is. You just have to use shapes, rather than hotspots (which have a lot of other baggage, too.)

Create a shape just like the hotspot, but make it invisible: No outline, FILLED, transparency 98%.

Then use "change state of next button to normal once all hotspots have been clicked"  trigger, changing hotspots to shapes (you'll get a dropdown with checkboxes and can select any number of shapes) and change "have been clicked" to its shorthand - "visited state".

If you are in love with seeing the little green spots to know where to click, you can leave them there under the shape that actually does the work.

In the attached sample, I put a shape over the desktop, and created the trigger to show you how it works.

Be careful with the XBox and TV, not to let them overlap, as that could cause learner confusion.