Forum Discussion

NoraOLeary-R829
Community Member
3 years ago

Number of Attempts - Grayed Out

Hi! 

We can't figure out how to change the number of attempts at the item level because it is grayed out. Please see attached.

• Hi Maria!
    Thanks for your help. 

No matter the selection the attempts are grayed out for some reason, we just want all to be unlimited. Here's an example of an item with the select as "unlimited" but it's still grayed out. 

We don't want any feedback to be displayed. But we also want attempts to be unlimited. 

• Nora,

From the learner's perspective, I'm trying to understand what the experience will be without feedback and unlimited attempts.

If I submit a response, I won't know if my answer is correct or incorrect (without feedback), so why would I re-attempt the question?

Is the goal to give the users feedback at the end and then allow them to re-try the entire quiz instead?

• Hi! Thanks for asking! It is a summative assessment, but we do allow them to retry if they fail. 

• I don't believe quiz maker is flexible enough to do that, you could easily do this in Storyline and can import the questions already done into storyline

• Thank you, Phil, for pointing out this is Quizmaker, not Storyline. I apologize for missing that detail!

Nora, 

In Quizmaker you can adjust Quiz Properties (Question Defaults) to Unlimited attempts and uncheck Provide Feedback for graded questions by default:

Windows 10 (1) 2021-11-08 at 2.28.04 PM

I hope this helps!

• Thanks maria! We had already done that (at the quiz properties level) which is why we are confused about there being 1 limit and unlimited difference between questions. Please see attached screenshot.