Forum Discussion

StephanieSam592
Community Member
8 years ago

Password protection

Hello :) I've just started using Rise and was hoping there was a feature to add password protection prior to the user beginning a course?

The course will be available to all on the LMS but i only want users with a password to access it.

Alternatively, is there a way for a user to enter their name (rather than a password, i.e text entry field), prior to progressing?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks Ashley,

I would be using the No LMS Option. I’ll work with the clients web development team to see what we can come up with. Thanks

• Hi there, Thomas. Thanks for giving these steps a try!

Let's see if we can nail down why the Enter Password option isn't launching:

• Does this happen with any Rise course you export, or just one course in particular?
    • Could you share the zipped export package with me by clicking here? I'll give it a test in SCORM Cloud and let you know what I find!
    ThomasGora
    Community Member

Hello. This is the first Rise course I have published to our LMS (SumTotal). I have uploaded the file. Thanks.

• Thanks for sending in your project, Thomas! Just sent you a reply in the case. ☺️

I'm also sharing my findings here, in case someone else stumbles upon this conversation:

When password protecting the Rise Share link, keep in mind that this function won't carry over when exporting the project to LMS, Web, or PDF. In this case, the LMS might have a setting that allows to password protect content. Hopefully folks using SumTotal can chime in with tips!

Appreciate you bringing this scenario up, and my apologies for the confusion on my part. Hope that helps!

• Hi Alyssa,

this password management forces me to publish the course on your server!

What I'm looking for is to manage restricted access to only one content within a course published on my server!

Good solution but does not handle all the needs!

AndrewIbarra
    Community Member

Hello, 

Does anyone know if a password can be set up for each individual lesson in Rise?  The vision is to have one course with a compilation of technical walkthroughs.  Each walkthrough would be a lesson within the course.  But we don't want to have a learner jump too far ahead, nor do we want separate courses in the LMS for each walkthrough. 

hazelB
      Staff

Hi Andrew! You can password protect an entire course but not individual lessons. What I can suggest is to restrict your course navigation so that the learner can't jump between lessons. More information on that here.