Forum Discussion

OrvilleDennison
Community Member
2 months ago

Past projects lost

Hello everyone,

Hoping for some advice. I had to get a new laptop and when I browse for past projects now, I cannot locate them. What am I missing?

Much appreciate any help.

-Bull

• Articulate recommends always having your .story files on your local drive. It's okay to copy them to online storage as a backup, but you should only work on the file on your local drive. That prevents corruption that might occur due to network lag.

If you were following that advice, your .story files are on your old laptop. 

• If you still have your old laptop, you could use a flash drive to transfer the files. 
    • If you don't have your old laptop, you could download a copy of a file if you published it to Review 360, and if you indicated that you wanted to keep a backup copy in Review. 
    • If not, the only other option is if you backed up the files somewhere...
        StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Orville!

Sorry to hear you've lost .story files! Glad to see Judy has been helping you.

I noticed that you've also opened a support case being handled by my teammate, Philam. He should be connecting with you via e-mail soon, to share additional insight.

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.