Forum Discussion

LauraBates
Community Member
5 years ago

Peek 360 will not launch on Mac

I downloaded Peek 360 on my Mac, but it will not open from the app store or from Finder. 

GabbyV
    Community Member

Peek will still not launch on on my macbook air. I followed the steps that included changing my privacy settings and clicking on the  camera at the top of  my screen/ toolbar. The app still will not open

• Hi Jessica,

Thanks for these clues! I shared your latest update in your support case with Angelo so we can determine the next best steps.

In the meantime, are you using a dual monitor? Also, have you had a chance to try Angelo's recommendations?

Especially the steps to configure your Mac's settings:

1. Open System Preferences
    2. Click on Security & Privacy
    3. On the right-hand side, select the Privacy tab 
    4. On the left sidebar, click on Accessibility
    5. Click on the lock icon on the bottom left-hand side (you'll need to enter your computer password) and from there, click on the Peek app
    6. Click the lock icon again to save your changes
    7. Try to launch Peek
  • Hi Jeff!

In order to open Peek 360 in a Mac environment, you need to download the app from the App Store. It sounds like you've already checked off this step!

Do you see the Peek 360 icon in your Navigation Toolbar?

If so, follow the prompt to sign in. After logging in, you'll be ready to record screencasts by clicking on the Peek icon!

If you're still having trouble using Peek 360, can you share a screenshot of what you see on your end? You can share it with me by using this private link.

JessicaChapman
      Community Member

Hi there,

Peek shows as downloaded from the app, but simply wont open. Its in my toolbar etc but when I click on it, nothing happens. There is no error message, it literally just doesn’t launch or do anything.

Thanks

Jess

JeffGirton
    Community Member

Same issue here.  Although to be clear, it seems as if it is downloaded.  It won't open. 
    I have tried clicking on the app store's "open" button, using launchpad, and even right-clicking on the icon in my applications folder. 

• Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear you're running into the same issue! I've enlisted the help of our support engineers to take a closer and see why you're unable to download the application.

Be on the lookout for a response soon!

• Hello Laura and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I see that you were able to reach out to our support team as well and Renato is currently working with you.