Forum Discussion

KateRhodes-6048
Community Member
15 days ago

Launching another SCORM module from a completed SCORM module?

Hi there, I don't know if my title is quite right, but what I'm asking is, if there is a way to automatically go to the next scorm module after the user completes the first one.

We have 4 SCORM modules, but they are all part of one course. We are using a Moodle LMS. So, instead of the user completing and then closing the module to return to the main course screen to select the next module, we would like to see if when they complete the module, it will just go to the next module automatically.

I hope that makes sense! Looking forward to hearing from anyone who knows!

Thanks!

• In the past, I've been able to achieve this by adding a Jump To URL button or trigger on the closing slide of each module to open the next module. 

This can be set to 'same window' or 'new window' (your choice), but the jump to the next module should only take place once the current module has sent its completion data to the LMS.

This also requires each course to have a static URL that does not change, so you may want to build this chain of courses backwards, once you know the URL of each course.

If you only want to allow module to module progress for those who have achieved a passing score, placing this button or trigger on the Pass layer of the Results Slide will ensure this. You can also add other conditions on the LMS side to restrict progress until the last module is passed, too.

I'm not as familiar with Moodle as other LMSs, but assuming you can create a course/module and update that course *without* changing its URL, this technique should work.