Forum Discussion

HoneyTurner
Community Member
2 days ago

Base layer playing while editing another layer

This affects all my files, so I believe this is a ME issue and not a file issue.

When I create a scene with a base layer and additional layers, when I am in the editor and hit play on the timeline for one of the additional layers, it is also triggering play on the base layer.

Notice, this is not an issue of it playing the audio/content incorrectly during an actual preview. This is when I'm trying to play a layer so I can figure out the correct placement of assets and cue points, but can't because there's background noise and activity.

My only work around has been to turn off visibility for objects on the base layer while I'm working. But, then I have to remember to turn them back on before previewing.

Is there a setting in the player that only affects editing?

In the attachment, you can see my settings, see what I'm doing (hitting play on the Category 2 layer) and can hear that there are 2 overlapping voices even though my layer only contains 1 video and 1 button. (the disabled menu is visual only, no audio/video)

• Hi HoneyTurner

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you've run into this snag. Happy to help! 

I can't replicate this behavior on my end. Here's a quick Peek where I walk you through my experience attempting the overlap of audio using the Layer Properties that you shared. 

• Just to clarify, does this happen on all slides or just one specific slide? 
    • Do you experience this behavior if you try and recreate this in a new .story file? 

It would be helpful to see your .story file. Feel free to share in this thread or privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!