Forum Discussion

KaliThorpe
Community Member
4 hours ago

Play Audio - All Buttons "Visited"

Hi everyone, 

I am having some trouble figuring something out in Storyline 360 and was hoping that, if I bring it to the forum, I might find some support.

I would like for an audio clip to play once the state of three buttons on a slide are "visited". The buttons are on a main menu, and each takes a user to a different set of slides. The user will then navigate back to the main menu where I want the audio to play-- signaling that the learning is complete. I'll include a photo below.

I put in a trigger that asks to play media when the state of all of the buttons is "visited"-- but that doesn't seem to do the trick. 

Can anyone help me out? I've included pictures below! 

JesseWu
    Community Member

Don't have your source file, so I will take some guesses. To me it sounds like:

When you click the buttons, 2 things happen:

1. its state becomes visited immediately, not when you come back to 1.1 main menu;
    2. this button brings you to corresponding scenes.

With that in mind, when you clicked the third button:

We met the condition to play the TTS audio [on 1.1], but the playing was interrupted, because at this time, you should be on 5.1 / 8.1 / 4.1. I don't think audio on previous page will continue playing.

Solution? I'd start from creating 3 T/F variables. When users are at the end of each scene, use a button to set the variable to True and bring them back to 1.1. On 1.1, when all 3 variables are true, play TTS audio. By doing so, you should be able to do what you expect.