Forum Discussion

BonnieAnkle-483
Community Member
5 months ago

Player "Hover Box" for the Next and Previous button - need to edit the display time

I am trying to edit the hover box for the next and previous button in Articulate Storyline 360.  The current setting is continuous if you stay on the button and I want to set it to only show for 40 sec and then fade away.

Feature trying to get - I would like it to only display for 30 to 40 seconds and then fade until the mouse hovers over the button again. If the mouse is continuously over the next or previous button - it will go away until the mouse moves away and then comes back.

Tried: 

1. When I click on the gear and disable Keyboard short cuts the hover is still there. Because this only disables the actual Keyboard shortcuts. 

1. In the Player Properties toolbar, I tried to change the Player style to classic but that did not give me the ability to change the next/previous button settings

1. I selected all slides and looked at the check boxes which only show or not show - then in Story mode view > Press Ctrl+A twice to select all slides > Go to Slide Properties > Disable the Previous, Next, and Send buttons --- This showed the same check boxes for all slides. Not how to disable the hover info box for the two buttons.
  2. I went to eLearning Hero's and could not find anything under searching for Next/previous button settings .
PLEASE Help - 
I would like to set the hover information box to 30 sec. if you know how please let me know.

Thank you, 
  • Is it common that no one reply's?  - Thank you for replying even though I was a bit snarky, I really appreciate the response. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Bonnie,

Happy to chime in!

There isn't a way to modify the duration of the visibility of player tooltips in Storyline 360 but this sounds like it would make a great feature to have. Since we don't have a feature that meets your needs, feel free to open a feature request with our product team instead!

BonnieAnkle-483
        Community Member

Thank you so much. I was searching and searching. I can work around not having the ability, but thinking I can do something and not finding it is hard. I will put in an suggestion for this feature to be added. 

Thank you again :)