Forum Discussion

ReginaKirby-1a8
Community Member
3 years ago

Recording Screens and Master Slides

I am having an issue with a blank master slide not applying to the screen recording slides (View and Try mode) in a Storyline 360 course.  My understanding is that screen recording slides default to the blank master slide.  I have set up the blank master slides with a specific font, with a font size of 10 for the Notes section. However, when I create screen recording slides, my blank master slide Note setting, with the font size 10 is not applying.  The font size in the Notes is reverting to size 9.  I have also tried selecting those screen recording slides after creating them and using 'Apply Layout' blank slide and that does not work either - the font size in the Notes remains at size 9. Why is this happening? 

• Hi, Regina.

Thank you for reaching out!

The Notes are treated as a separate element for each slide, so the changes in the Slide Master don't affect the individual slides in your project. While not currently a feature in Storyline, we have a request logged for a global notes formatting option.

I will update this discussion if I have any news to share or if this request makes it to our feature roadmap. 

• Thanks, Maria! Appreciate your quick response.  I am glad to hear that Articulate is looking into options and look forward to any updates.