Forum Discussion

AlanWoontner-63
Community Member
4 months ago

Reenabling a disabled Next button

Im having an issue with slides 4.4  in the attached file. Its set up to disable the Next button until the learner has viewed the buttons (that are attached to 4.5 and 4.6) before the Next is enabled again and then learner can go to slide 4.7. However the Next does not reset to Normal. Can you tell us what we are doing wrong?

• The Next button does change to Normal when the two buttons are Visited. There's a glimpse of that before the program jumps to another slide.

However, when the user returns to slide 4.4, the trigger to disable Next runs again: 

To keep Next enabled, you need to add conditions to that trigger. The easiest is to check that the buttons do not equal (≠ ) Visited.

• Yes, use "≠ Visited" (not "= Normal"). Every built-in state has Normal within it, so using a condition of "=Normal" often causes problems.
    • Note that the conditions are connected with "or" (not "and"). This means the trigger will run if either condition is met. 

By the way, when a custom menu slide such as 4.4 jumps to other slides, consider using variables to track whether the user has completed the slides/sections that the buttons jump to. Otherwise, when you just rely on the buttons being Visited, the user could jump to a slide and immediately click PREV to return to the custom menu. 

• This doesnt quite get to what we are looking for. Let me clarify what the desired state is. We want the Next button to be disabled when the learner gets to the screen and remain disabled until after they have clicked both buttons.

JudyNollet
      Super Hero
      Alan Woontner

This doesnt quite get to what we are looking for. Let me clarify what the desired state is. We want the Next button to be disabled when the learner gets to the screen and remain disabled until after they have clicked both buttons.

That's exactly what my previous reply explained how to do. 

• I got it to work by creating a new trigger that set Next button state to Normal when those buttons are Visited