Forum Discussion

MarionCable-c2d
Community Member
3 months ago

Reset on Resume?

Hi,

I have an xAPI course created in storyline, it is running via the Docebo LMS/LRS. It effectively allows a user to tell it what state certain certificates are in, and then it recommends actions based on that information.

It's meant to be used once a year when users get confused and forget what they need to do.

However, it is confusing them because of the resume functionality. On resuming, it goes back and gives them the results that the input last year, and starts on the results slide where they left off.

I haven't found anyway, so far, to reset all the values and tell it to always start afresh, even upon resume.

I have tried making it reset the variables i'm using on that slide to zero after the content is displayed, but it doesn't seem to remember this, and always comes up with the old resumed values.

Any insights would be gratefully received as to how i could implement this behaviour. I'm aware it's basically the opposite of what is wanted for most courses!

TIA,

Marion

• I just solved my own issue! After hours and hours of research, apparently asking for help then magically gave me the answer without anyone answering.

In the player settings there's an "other" option and i selected to never resume. This appears to work for my use case!