Forum Discussion

ChadBushman-896
Community Member
2 years ago

Restart Audio When Going From Layer to Layer

I want to have a learner do the following:

1. Select an icon from the base layer to open Layer X.

2. On Layer X, the user can select one of three icons that lead to Layer A, Layer B, or Layer C. 

3. The user can go back and forth between Layers A, B, and C.

4. For example: If they select an icon on Layer X and land on Layer A, the audio plays.

5. Then, before Layer A audio completes, they select an icon that takes them to Layer B.  However, the learner decides to go immediately back to Layer A.  

6. When arriving back to Layer A, the audio picks up where it left off, instead of starting over.  BUT--I want the audio to start over when going back and forth from layer to layer to layer.

Can anyone give me insight on how to accomplish this, please?

Thank you.

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hi Chad, sorry for the delay.

I reviewed your SL file and found that you added additional trigger to play audio in the corresponding three layers (Layer7_Pic1, Layer8_Pic2, & Layer9_Pic3). Since this is a separate layer audio plays automatically by default and there's no need to add any specific trigger to play the audio.

So I removed those triggers from the three layers and then selected all the layers and set the revisiting property to "Reset to initial state".

I'm attaching the updated file here for your reference.

Let me know if this what you're trying to achieve at your end.

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello Chad Bushman, select the desired layer and click on the settings layer. On the pop up window that says Slide Layer Properties, you'll find a dropdown at the bottom and choose "Reset to initial state" when revisiting. This will let audio to play from the initial point each time the user visits.

• Thank you, Sandeep.  

I do have that set, but I still have the same problems.  I have tried everything I know.

Any other advice?

Chad

SandeepGadam
      Community Member

Would you be willing to share your SL file here, so either me or someone can look into it and find a fix?

• Sandeep,

My goodness, thank you.  I had been struggling with that for quite some time.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me move forward.  Again, thank you very much!

Chad

TatyZF
    Community Member

Oww tks Chad for the answer. I was with the same problem, and now work... ;)