Forum Discussion

KyleOspreay-fb5
Community Member
5 months ago

Resuming a Question Bank

I am creating a storyline360 interactive quiz that utilizes multiple question banks (bank_1, bank_2, bank_3) and switches between them depending on the learner's navigation. For example, a learner could answer 2 questions from bank_1, switch to bank_2 and answer 3 questions, and then switch BACK to bank_1 to answer 3 more questions.

However, when a user switches BACK to bank_1, it always defaults back to the first question the user already answered. The intended purpose is to resume where they left off in that bank. So, when the user answers 2 questions from bank_1, switches to another bank, and then switches BACK to bank_1, they pick up where they left off (in this case it should be question 3 from bank_1 since they already answered 1-2 previously).

I've read other threads where a 'reset results' trigger is used to help "redraw" from the same bank, but this doesn't help with my desire to "resume" in the middle of a question bank already started upon revisiting. 

Please let me know if any heroes have suggestions. Thank you!

• My current (less than ideal) solution is to have a variable on every question slide that changes from false to true when the question is answered: <When the user clicks submit on Q1, set bank_1_Q1_answered = true>, and another trigger of <When the timeline starts on this slide, jump to next slide if bank_1_Q1_answered = true>.

Repeating this for all questions in every bank makes returning to a question bank (i.e. bank_1) cycle through all answered questions until it hits a variable of <bank_1_Q#_answered = false>.

However, the further into a question bank the user gets, the more noticeable this 'cycle' of questions is. For example, jumping from Q1 to Q50 showcases a noticeable flicker of slides and isn't as instant as I would like for a seamless, uninterrupted, return to bank_1.  

I'm hoping there is a simpler solution/setting that I am overlooking. Thanks again!