Forum Discussion

LoraZabik
Community Member
3 months ago

Review of Course created in Rise 360

Hello,

I did a 30-day trial for Articulate 360 and I just finished building my first course. I've never built a course before, so I was wondering if there is a way for me to submit the course to the Articulate team, or perhaps members of the E-Learning Heroes to get some feedback on improvements, etc.

I have 8 days left in my trial and I'm hoping this can be done within that timeframe so I can make corrections and perhaps save to my LinkedIn profile, if possible.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lora Zabik

• If you publish the course to Review 360, you could share that link for others to look at the course. However, it will only be active until your trial period ends, unless you subscribe. See the Terms of Service for full details: https://www.articulate.com/360-terms-of-service/ 

If you aren't sure if you'll subscribe or not, you could publish the course for the web. Those files would be yours to keep. To share them, you'd need to upload them to a website. 

LoraZabik
    Community Member

I did publish the course to Review 360, but I don't have a team or anyone to share it with. Is there is a way for me to locate members on the Articulate team, or perhaps members of the E-Learning Heroes to get some feedback, etc.

For now, I did publish to web but I am not able to open it in my file location.  There are several files within the zip folder, none of which I can open the course.  I found a discussion from a while back and someone mentioned that you can use index.html in content folder to open course, but I haven't been able to figure out how and where to do that.  Any advice?

Sorry for my lack of knowledge with all of this stuff.  Your help is much appreciated. 

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

You can share the Review link and ask for feedback here in the "Building Better Courses" section of the Forum. I suggest you start a new discussion to do that.

Re: courses published for the web

• For a Rise course, double-clicking the index.html file should launch the course.
      • For a Storyline course, double-clicking the story.html file should launch the course.
      • The files should not be zipped when you want to play them locally or on a website. Also, be sure to maintain the folder structure of the published files. 
        LoraZabik
        Community Member

For a published-for-web Rise course, I double-clicked on the Index file (MIcrosoft Edge HTML document) and when I do so it is just a blank screen. What am I doing wrong here?

[cid:74f519d2-8d85-4a7b-8c54-df30bdce2912]

Lora Zabik

LoraZabik
    Community Member

Again, for the published-for-web Rise course, I did double-click on the Index file (MIcrosoft Edge HTML document) and when I do so it is just a blank screen. What am I doing wrong here?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

Are you double-clicking on an index.html file in a folder on your desktop that includes the files/folder shown in the image above?

• If the answer is no, then you need to ensure that all of the published files are extracted, and that they maintain their original file/folder structure.
      • If the answer is yes, yet the course doesn't launch, you could try re-publishing. Or contact the support staff (https://access.articulate.com/support/contact ) to see if they can determine why published files aren't working.
    LoraZabik
    Community Member

Ok, I think I figured it out.  I opened the file in my downloads which there was a content folder. I right clicked on content folder and selected copy and then pasted the folder to my desktop. I then double-clicked on the content folder which took me to the list in your screenshot and now when I double-click to open the index file the course opens. 👍