Forum Discussion

HalinaSobkow355
Community Member
6 months ago

RISE- Branching

Hello,

I am trying to create three courses in one so on the first page learners will branch off to a part of the course by using buttons. Each 'branch' will end in a quiz (knowledge check). 

All seems good and you can hide the navigation so learners only see content in their chosen branch

BUT

Since the knowledge checks will all be different when you publish, it seems you can only choose results from one of the quizzes to indicate completion?

I was hoping you I could have an OR option, either you have 80% in quiz A, B or C. Am I right that this is not possible using Rise alone?

Thanks

• Hi Halina!

Happy to help with this!

If you are using the Track using quiz result option you can only select a single Quiz for this purpose. If you need to track results from all quizzes, as a workaround, I would suggest combining all of your quizzes into one.

The feature to use the combined results of multiple quizzes is not available in Rise 360 yet, but we are tracking interest! I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap!

In the meantime, can you tell me more about why you want to use Rise for this course? If you would like to explore using Storyline 360 instead, you could create a fully customized course with as many branches and quizzes as you like! With expanded quiz tracking, Storyline 360 will send results to your LMS/LRS for the quiz that the learner completes.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

AngelaKemp
    Community Member

interested in this discussion Steven; I've created a module with at the start an option to access version 1 (full version), which has a full assessment, or access to version 2 (reduced version) with a reduced assessment, relevant to the reduced content.

When accessing the chosen version you only get to go through one assessment, relevant to the chosen version (all other content is blocked off). Unfortunately, when testing on our LMS I can only get completion on one of the versions.

Any ideas why this is?

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

As Steve said, if you are using the Track using quiz result option in Rise you can only select a single Quiz for tracking. 

If you don't need quiz details (other than knowing someone passed), after passing either Quiz, you could steer all users to a lesson with a Storyline completion block, and track completion with that.

• However, the default "continue" option after passing a Quiz is to go to the next lesson. 
      • Obviously, only one of the quizzes could be directly before the lesson with the completion block. So, after one of the quizzes, you'd need to add a lesson that has a button stack to jump to the lesson with the completion block.

If you need quiz details, you'll either have to provide separate Rise courses, or do the course in Storyline.