Forum Discussion

SeungeunLee
Community Member
7 months ago

Rise 360 PDF Published - "Download Content" not downloading anything

Hello, I'm having trouble downloading a course as a PDF. I click on "Publish" and then it sends me an email with a link saying that my content is ready for download. I click on the link and then click "Download Content" and it doesn't download anything. I've tried this on different browsers and none of them worked.

I'm not sure if this is a browser issue or if it's a system error, but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

KarlMuller
    Community Member

If you are using a Windows computer, after clicking Publish, do not choose BACK TO COURSE. Stay on the publish page, and the ZIP file will automatically download once the publish task has been completed. 

SeungeunLee
      Community Member

Thank you for your reply! Under PUBLISH, for LMS and Web options, I am able to download zip files, but for the PDF option, it doesn't download anything even though I waited out and only provides me an email link. 

StevenBenassi
        Staff

Hi Seungeun!

Glad to see Karl has been helping you out! Happy to jump in here!

Testing the behavior on my end in Google Chrome, I was able to publish a sample Rise lesson to PDF and retrieve it from my 'recent downloads' folder successfully. Here's a quick screen recording showing my results!

To clarify, have you already checked the Downloads folder on your machine to confirm the file has not been added? Web browsers have a setting allowing users to toggle download notifications on or off.

Is it possible the file is being downloaded silently, without a pop-up message making you aware?

Looking forward to hearing from you!