Forum Discussion

BryantKuehner
Community Member
6 years ago

RISE: Submit button doesn't work on question

I have a Rise course with a five-question quiz. For one of the multiple response questions, the Submit button does not function in production; clicking it yields no result and learners cannot advance. The question works fine in the Rise preview mode and in Articulate Review, but when I upload to our LMS I get these issues. Tech details are below, any insight is greatly appreciated!

Question type: Multiple response (3 out of 6 checkboxes for correct answer.)
Quiz settings: 80% pass score, require pass = off, unlimited retries, include in lesson count = on, randomize = on, shuffle = on, reveal = on
Publication settings: LMS, AICC, Track using course completion (100%), Complete/Incomplete, Exit Course Link
LMS: SuccessFactors 

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you encountered where the Submit button cannot be clicked when one of the quiz choices has this combination of characters: "e:%." There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported.

BryantKuehner
    Community Member

Following up because I figured it out myself!

Evidently, SuccessFactors doesn't like it when you have quotation marks in your quiz responses. Might be helpful info for some of you out there!

DoagnKorkmaz
    Community Member

Hi Lea, sorry for the late response.

The problem, why the submit button didn't work, were the spaces and especially the empty line breaks. After I fixed this everything worked.

• Thanks for letting us know about the solution you found, Bryant! It definitely may be helpful to someone else out there who uses SuccessFactors. 

• Hi Dogan! It sounds like this is an issue in SuccessFactors. You can try testing your course in SCORM Cloud. If the submit button works without any problems, feel free to report the issue with SuccessFactors support.  If you get the same behavior in SCORM Cloud, we'd be happy to take a look at your course and troubleshoot it further!

• We just had the same issue. In the Rise preview everything is fine, but after importing it into our LMS (ILIAS)  it has problems with non-responsive submit buttons. Same thing happens when tested in SCORM cloud. We figured out what causes the bug: When a "0" stands next to a "%" (with and without space in between) it will cause problems (see screenshot attached). Is there anything the programmers here can do to adjust the code, so that an LMS will have an easier time to read it out properly? 

LeaSAgato
      Staff

Hi, Jana! I tried to recreat the scenario you described. I tested the course in SCORM Cloud and it seems to be working just fine:

Since you're getting non-responsive submit buttons when you test your course in SCORM Cloud, would you mind sending us a copy of your exported course so we can test it in our environment? You can  send your file privately using this form. Thanks!

JanaMenge-67a97
        Community Member

Thanks for your feedback. I just submitted the file using the form you suggested.

I forgot to mention in the ticket: The error can be found in the course quiz sections 2.3 Zoomen > Wissenstest: Zoomen (JM) (Question 03/04) as well as in 2.4 Weitere Ansichtsoptionen > Wissenstest: Weitere Ansichtsoptionen (Question 03/05). 

Let me know if you the support team needs my SCORM Cloud link.

Looking forward to hearing from you again. 

• Hello Jana!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I see that you opened a support case and you are working with my colleague Robert. You are in good hands!

We'll continue the conversation over in the support case.

Hope you have a great day and happy developing! ✨

• Is there any generic fix to this issue? I'm encountering the same issue when deploying a course in Talentsoft.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi STARK BlendEd,

Thanks for reaching out to us in a support case as well! I see that my colleague Robby helped you identify this possible bug in the product and alerted our product team.

We'll let you know once a fix is available. In the meantime, you can try avoiding using a colon before a percentage in your choices or publishing the course using a different LMS, as Robby recommended.

If you have additional questions about this issue or the recommended workarounds, please feel free to reply to the support case email. We'd be happy to help!

• Hello everyone, 🎉

I'm happy to let you know we released a new update for Rise 360!

This update fixes the issue you encountered where the Submit button cannot be clicked when one of the quiz choices has this combination of characters: "e:%." There's nothing to install for web apps. New features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export your Rise 360 course again.

Let me know if you have any questions about this update or the issue you reported.