Forum Discussion

EricLian
Community Member
3 months ago

Rise360: Manager permission forcing strange course version selecting when attempting to Publish

Hello everyone.

As a course Owner, I shared a course with a Collaborator and updated her permissions from Editor to Manager to enable editing and publishing. 

When she attempts to publish a course [Review > Publish new version], the default 'Publish a new version of an existing item' selection on the drop-down button is 'Avature Hiring Manager Experience', not the course title as I am accustomed to seeing when I publish as the Owner.

When she clicks the drop-down, her only options are 5 other Avature related options (see attached) instead of the list of the 36 other courses we've previously published that I see as the course Owner.

I've tried assigning permissions from the Team folder as well as from [Share > Collaborators] with the same results. I don't even know what these 'Avature' options are because we didn't created them.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information? Thank you.

NBirks
    Community Member

Hi Eric,

This may be helpful: One thing that confused me was that the Review course title is not the same as the Rise course title,which automatically matches what's in the course. That means you can rename a course in Review and its title will not match the Rise course title.

I have had issues understanding permissions when collaborating and publishing versions to Review. It isn't clear what settings are required to share the same thread of versions of an existing course in Review. The problem is that a new set of Review course versions is published under each account.  If anyone can clarify this, it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Nick

• Hello Eric,

Happy to help!

Can I ask if you moved your published Rise 360 course to a Team Folder before asking your colleague to publish a new version of the course? Here's the procedure for publishing a new version of an existing course in Review 360.

1. Publish your content to Review 360. Items are stored in the Private root directory when you first publish directly from authoring apps.
    2. Move it to any folder in the Team directory, including the root folder.
    3. Make sure co-authors have editor access to the folder.

Looking forward to your response!

NBirks
    Community Member

I have been working together on courses in Rise with another team member. The course ends up published in Review within a shared Team folder.

When I try to publish the next version to Review, if that course does not show up in the drop down list of existing courses (Publish a new version of an existing item) when I try to publish it, then would that would be a bug?

One more versioning question. If I duplicate a course, the sharing settings are the same as the original. Can this duplicate then be published as a new version within the same version history of the original course?

• Hi Nick!

Happy to share some insight on this!

1. A course not showing up in the drop-down list of items is the expected behavior if you have not been granted Editor permissions. If permissions have been added, and you are still not seeing the course appear, please let us know so we can take a closer look into that behavior.
      2. As long as the course has been shared correctly (i.e. added to the Teams Folder with permissions correctly set), a user can publish a new version to it, without issues.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!