Forum Discussion

richardattia
Community Member
9 months ago

Saving a variable without changing slide

Why can't we get an update to storyline to save a variable without changing slides. It seems pretty simple of an upgrade but we are going into 2024 and it still this hasn't been developed.

• This may have changed I have been told by a one developer that showing a layer should save the resume data, never tried it. If not you will still have to jump slides.

• Hello Richard,

I am not sure if I understand your issue.  Can you explain a little more about what you are trying to accomplish?

richardattia
    Community Member

I have a course that is only 1 page.
    On that page i want to save variable values if they close the course and come back later.
    The variable won't save unless the go to another page or load a lightbox. 
    Why can't when you set the variable value it commits a scorm call to save the value without going to another page/slide?

My course is an embed video from vimeo that tracks their progress with a variable. 

• That should be able to work without changing slides.  Are you using the variables as a bookmarking tool, to know how much of the video they had watched?  I am trying to get a better idea of the purpose of the variables.