Forum Discussion

SheriHorton
Community Member
2 months ago

Screen recording is recording beyond the recording window size

I am doing a simple screen record of a web-based application and as you can see in my screen shot, it's recording outside the recording window. It's recording part of my desktop and even shows the red recording bounding box. 

I have set my recording window to the size of my Story which is 1024 x 768 and I have made sure the web application fits within that size. But once I press Record, I can see that it's recording my desktop, including the red recording bounding box.  

I have done many recordings in the past of this web-based application and have never had an issue. It has been awhile since I've done a recording, at least a year, but I have never had this happen and I have tried doing different sizes and it still seems to want to record beyond the size what I am asking it to record. It's almost as it shifts and moves the web page out of being the focus, but that's now how it appears to me on screen, it's only once I see it starting to count down that I see it's going to record the wrong thing. 

Anyone have this issue before or have any suggestions? 

• Hi Sheri,

I may have experienced something similar.

One thing I would suggest trying is temporarily adjusting the screen size of the monitor you are using to record. If you are using Windows, you can right click on the desktop and choose Display Settings. You could try different resolution settings, such as 1920 x 1080, etc. Try changing the resolution of your screen, then go back and try the screen recording again and see if it captures the area you want. If it is still too big or small, try adjusting the resolution bigger or smaller and see if the screen recording area gets bigger or smaller.

SheriHorton
    Community Member

Hi Kendal, that's exactly what it was, my screen size. I had a custom one set and had forgotten I did that. To be honest, I think I had it set before when I recorded and it didn't impact it, but now it seems to. So I changed it back and the recording is working great!