Forum Discussion

TomCarter-0375e
Community Member
4 years ago

Scrolling in Storyline - the horizontal problem ...

Hi all

I've read through some options on horizontal scrolling - but my requirement doesn't seem to work using the 'rotate' solution.

I have a large Excel that I want to embed into a scrolling panel to let people scroll through it and also 'interact' with cells.

I've taken screenshots of the Excel and stitched them in PS - giving me a large horizontal image. I am adding hotspots to layer on the image triggering layers with info on specific cells. All good. I want to select ALL these elements and drag them into the 'horizontal scrolling panel... Anyone have any clever ideas or done something similar?

I've done this with great results for a long image in portrait layout, but am beat so far when trying to rotate it all as some have described.

ARTICULATE - what I'd really LOVE to see is the option to insert a scrolling panel that can do vertical, horizontal OR BOTH!!! Any chance?

Thanks!

• Hello Tom!

I appreciate you taking the time to share this with us! We already have a feature request submitted for horizontal scrolling panels in Storyline 360. I've added your comments to our feature request so our team can continue tracking the impact of this request. 

I'll update this discussion when this makes it on our feature roadmap

• Rotate didn't work so well for me either. I use the vertical scrolling panel and I'd love to see a horizontal scrolling panel too! I will be a little greedy and request a scrolling panel that will do both, though I'll settle for just adding the horizontal one.

• I would also greatly appreciate the option to do horizontal scrolling.  It would be very handy!

• I would like to add to the list of users who would greatly benefit from horizontal scrolling!

• I vote for this request as well. I see where this was considered 4 years ago, and it would be a great feature if we could scroll both horizontally and vertically.

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hi StepUp University!

Thank you for sharing your interest in this feature! I've shared this with our Product Team who is currently tracking this request. I'll update you in this discussion if it makes it on our roadmap!