Forum Discussion

PhaedraDolson
Community Member
4 months ago

Display entire table instead of scroll bar

Hello everyone,

I am working on a Rise course that consists of a ton of information presented in table format. It's been frustrating because of the lack of consistent spacing when copy/pasting from a source document (an ongoing issue I've seen discussed here before). However, after manually typing out all of the information into the table to get the desired consistent spacing, I'm now noticing that when I view my course in a browser, the margins extend too far, causing there to be a scrollbar to view the contents.

This is a very long table, so the scrollbar will be quite far down the page for learners and I would prefer if everything displayed on the page properly. Is there any way to adjust the margins or something to ensure it displays fully without the scroll bar?

I have attached a screen capture to show the issue. Thanks!

KarlMuller
    Community Member

How a Rise course displays will vary from device to device.

So even if you get the table to display just the way you want it, there is no guarantee that others will see the table just like you are.

PhilFoss
    Community Member

Phaedra, that issue with the horizontal scroll will get worse on smaller screens, especially mobile. So you might consider displaying this content in a different format. There might be accessibility concerns with using a table as well.