Forum Discussion

MeganMorgan-53a
Community Member
6 hours ago

Selected State Won't "Stick"

A colleague of mine asked me to help her troubleshoot why the "selected" state isn't sticking when the user clicks "correct option". I just tried to rebuild using a shape instead of a button set but it still won't stick. I know this is low hanging fruit but my brain's a little fried. Help us solve this mystery? (File attached)

• Jesse is correct about the Hover state overriding the Selected state. However, eliminating the triggers won't solve the problem. That's because Hover and Selected (and Visited) are built-in states. They come with automatic functionality. 

Using triggers that duplicate built-in functions can actually cause problems. So all the triggers that change to built-in states should be deleted. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the Hover state. I'd delete it. However, if you want to keep it, I suggest that you make the Hover state look like the Selected state (that is, with the colorful fill) with the addition of the glow. 

By the way, all of the items in the button set should have a Selected state. Your "correct" item has a Visited state but not a Selected state. When it changes to Visited after being clicked, it will stay in that state. So you'll need to delete the Visited state and use a Selected state instead.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Your Hover states keep overriding your Selected and Visited states.

Disable all Hover triggers and try if that is what you want.