Forum Discussion

LeighS
Community Member
8 years ago

Storyline 360 spellcheck

Hello - I've noticed this across multiple projects, but spellcheck does not appear to be functioning in Storyline 360. I double-checked that my spelling options are turned on, but I don't see the red line under misspelled words and have to run spellcheck manually. Is anyone else having this challenge? 

• Hi there Leigh!

The 'Hide spelling errors' option may be enabled. Here's how to fix it:

• From the Home tab, click the Spelling icon (F7)
    • Click Options
    • Ensure that 'Hide spelling errors' is not checked

Let me know if that helps!

• I have a similar but backward question. I do NOT want misspelled words to be underlined in red when users type something into an input box. I followed the directions to checkmark "Hide spelling errors" but I'm still getting the red line under misspelled words.

• Hi Beth,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing in your project file.

You mention that you're seeing this with an input box and I'm curious if that is specifically a Text Entry field?

We have an open issue that we are tracking specific to this issue and I'd be happy to link this conversation as we continue to investigate. We do not have a defined workaround at this time.

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Thank you Beth! I've linked this conversation to the report, so we'll make sure to notify you when we release a fix!

• Hi all, 

I have the same problem with the unwanted underline according spelling. Unfortantly this is visible in my slide layer from base laters, while all objects are hidden. Is there a way to solve this ? 

Thank you!

KatieRiggio
      Staff

Hi Nicole!

Which version of Storyline are you using?

I ask because Storyline 360 Update 45 holds a fix for when spell-check lines on one layer were visible on other layers when they should've been hidden. 

To find the update you're on, click the Help tab and then About Storyline. If it's an earlier version, here's how to update Storyline to the latest one.

If it's not working right on your side on this update, we'd love to explore further!

• Dear Katie, 

Thank u so much for the quick response. I will check or i have the lest update while i didnt get a notification for an update.

For now thank you and i will let you know!

• I have the opposite problem, where spellcheck regularly underlines words that are spelled correctly. This mostly happens in Notes, after I've done some kind of edit. 

LaurenConnelly
      Staff

Hello Ellen!

Are you finding any commonalities between the words that are underlined even when spelled correctly?

EllenSlavitz-1f
        Community Member

Not that I've noticed, except that it seems to happen after I've made an
        edit.

I'm attaching a few examples.

Thank you for your help..