Forum Discussion

DanTasota
Community Member
4 months ago

Storyline X64 build v3.88.32574.0 - Incorrect Drag items not returning to start position

Incorrect Drag items are NOT returning to start position. And yes, I have checked "Return item to start point if dropped outside - a correct target" in the Drag & Drop Options.

I have even used one of the Drag & Drop templates and they exhibit the same behavior.

Any ideas?

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• If dropped outside a target, dragged items didn't return to their starting point when set to do so.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

• Hello Everyone! 

I'm happy to share that we have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0).

In this update, we have implemented a fix for:

• If dropped outside a target, dragged items didn't return to their starting point when set to do so.

As a first stepI recommend updating Storyline 360 to the latest version. Here's how:

Update Authoring Apps

If you have any questions, please let us know in this thread or privately in a support case.

Have a great day! 

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

HI Dan. I can confirm this is happening and is a bug. It must be a bug, because Ive checked everything under the sun and its all correct at this end.

Also, if you notice - click on one of the items that should have "returned", and drag it. You will notice the items have actually returned back to the correct location because as soon as we start to drag, they appear in the correct location.

This tells me its a bug. :(

Articulate engineers are usually very responsive to this sort of thing, so I would except a patch out very soon.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Andrew!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

I noticed that you've opened a support case as well. As I shared with Dan, we have logged this behavior as a bug in Storyline 360. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest rolling back to a previous version of Storyline 360 where this bug cannot be observed.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We'll let you know as soon as a fix is in place!

DanTasota
    Community Member

Andrew, thanks for the confirmation that someone else is seeing this in addition to me.

• Hi Dan!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

I can confirm we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. This bug causes:

• Drag item set to return to start point when dropped outside a target does not return to its original position

I've linked this discussion to the bug report and will share updates as soon as a fix is in place. As Jurgen shared, downgrading to a previous version of Storyline 360 is a valid workaround.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!

DanTasota
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response with a fix for this.  I just upgraded to Storyline 360 (Build 3.89.32618.0) and the problem has been resolved for me.

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Dan!

Thanks for following up and sharing the good news! Have a great start to your week!

• For me the drag items now move back to their position but always with the drop-incorrect state. Is this the wanted behavior? For me it would make more sense to return with the normal state.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Achim, 

There's a chance that the behavior you're describing might be due to the triggers you have on your slide. I tested this using a simple drag-and-drop interaction set to two attempts and the "Drop Incorrect" state reverted to normal on my second attempt. Here's a test link you can check out to confirm if we are seeing the same behavior. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can review your triggers? We'll delete it when we're done testing!