Forum Discussion

christinechow1
Community Member
11 years ago

Tab Key on keyboard reveals hotspots that should be hidden

I have created a software simulation module. There are text entry fields and hotspots with triggers. Things have to be done in a certain sequence and the learner navigates parts of the course doing things in correct sequence. Although the tab key on the keyboard was not specifically programmed into the course, I notice that the tab key when pressed will display a yellow border around the various objects on the screen and will do this in the sequence of interaction expected of the learner. The TAB key - yellow border effect reveals hotspots/triggers that should be hidden.

How do I prevent this tab effect from happening?

• Hello all!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that many of you were running into:

• Fixed: Hotspots were revealed to keyboard and screen reader users even when they had been removed from the focus order

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

BarbaraKopf
    Community Member

Hi John,

yes, please update me, if this bug is fixed. The sooner the better!

The hotspot is part of a quiz where users need to find the mistake and click on it. If the mistake is revealed via tab that defeats the whole purpose of the quiz.

Thank you in advance!

• Is there a way to restrict keyboard tabbing to slide items only?

Update: Seems this is what "skip navigation shortcut" was meant for. 

• Hello all!

In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), we fixed a bug that many of you were running into:

• Fixed: Hotspots were revealed to keyboard and screen reader users even when they had been removed from the focus order

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case.