Forum Discussion

AnnaSantiago
Community Member
3 months ago

Stunning One-Time Loop Gif: Click Replay Reveals a Motionless Wonder

I added an animated GIF that loops once on a slide, and it works perfectly the first time. However, when I click the Replay button to view the slide again, the GIF does not animate. I have enabled the "Reset to Initial State" option when revisiting the slide, but it does not seem to reset the GIF. Has anyone experienced this issue? What was your solution? Is there a JavaScript method to reset the GIF's cache?

• Hi Anna and Peter,

I have some great news to share! 

We just released an update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• GIFs didn't replay on revisited slides that were configured to reset to their initial states

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of this update, and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here!

• Hello Anna!

It sounds like you're running into a bug introduced in Update 87. Our team is currently looking into the fix, and we can update you in this discussion when we ship the fix in an upcoming release. I'm so sorry for the trouble! In the meantime, you can downgrade to Update 86 if this bug stops your workflow. 

PeterMoore1
      Community Member

A question for Articulate.  Do you publish a list of ‘known issues’ or ‘bugs’?
      There are other software vendors who do this and it’s very helpful as a customer to be able to use it to help decide when/if to update.

If you don’t publish a list like this, how about making a decision to do so. 

AnnaSantiago
      Community Member

Hello Lauren,

Thank you for your quick response! I appreciate you looking into this issue. Please keep me updated on the progress and let me know when the fix is available in a future release. Hopefully soon.

• Hi Anna and Peter,

I have some great news to share! 

We just released an update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.90.32850.0, we’ve included important fixes and new features. One of the bugs we’ve fixed is:

• GIFs didn't replay on revisited slides that were configured to reset to their initial states

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of this update, and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. You’ll find our step-by-step instructions here!

NathanViaene-ca
      Community Member

Hello Kelly,

I am running the most recent Storyline 360 build and it seems, while GIFs do replay when revisting slides, they however do not reset when reloading the current slide.

Is this a known bug?