Forum Discussion

TinaStewart-6b1
Community Member
28 days ago

Text Entry objects in Try Mode now skipping since software update

Published a new SL course to Review 360 after latest update. Any text entry steps in try mode simulations are skipping to next slide without giving the opportunity to type in data. Checked SL file and the same happens in there when previewing. These were definitely OK prior to both software update and publishing. Checked an earlier SL course with similar steps and have the same problem.

Any help or suggestions please?

• Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community, Tina! We're glad you're here. 😀

I appreciate you reporting what you see with the Try Mode simulation. I tested this with the attached Storyline course using the latest Update 91, and fortunately, I was able to type in data in the Text entry object before moving to the next slide. I saw the same behavior when I published the course to Review 360.

Kindly test my course and published output and let me know if you see the same thing. If you see something different with your course, would you be willing to share your Storyline file with us so we can look at what you have set up? You may also share it privately by sending it along in a support case. We'll delete it when we're done testing.

• Hi Eric. Thanks so much for your response. I was able to enter text in your test file too.

Managed to test mine on a colleague's earlier version of SL late yesterday and there is definitely a discrepancy between the two outputs (hers worked as intended). I'll raise a support case. Thanks again. :)

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Tina!

Thanks for sharing the feedback!

I see that your support case has been received by our senior support engineers. You're in great hands troubleshooting with them and they should be reaching out to you via e-mail, shortly.

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.