Forum Discussion

JaclynJGish
Community Member
6 days ago

Grouped objects as button sets

Hi all,

I've read a few articles about how to use grouped objects as button sets, but I cannot get it to work on my project. I'm hoping you all can help! On slide 1.3, I want the users to select a radio button and for the corresponding money stack to change state to green (i.e., When $50,000 is selected, the first stack changes state to green, and so on). I created a button set on the bottom three objects and changed their selected states to change the entire stack. In preview, though, the selected state is covered. What am I doing wrong?  

• Long story short, right click your SVGs and bring your Vector 2 and 3 to the front.

Originally I found something is off. When I click radio button 2 and 3, there is a green edge peak out on money stacks above. Just like the screenshot you posted. Soon I found out your Vector 2 and 3 include more than 1 money stack when selected, while vector 4-6 as placeholders. Now your placeholders are on top of your desired objects. You need to reverse their positions.

Bonus, maybe introduce a disabled as initial state for your objects and reset states when you select other buttons. Otherwise I can click on money without clicking the radio buttons. Then the icons can get confusing. Maybe that is not you want.

JesseWu
    Community Member

Long story short, right click your SVGs and bring your Vector 2 and 3 to the front.

Originally I found something is off. When I click radio button 2 and 3, there is a green edge peak out on money stacks above. Just like the screenshot you posted. Soon I found out your Vector 2 and 3 include more than 1 money stack when selected, while vector 4-6 as placeholders. Now your placeholders are on top of your desired objects. You need to reverse their positions.

Bonus, maybe introduce a disabled as initial state for your objects and reset states when you select other buttons. Otherwise I can click on money without clicking the radio buttons. Then the icons can get confusing. Maybe that is not you want.

JaclynJGish
      Community Member

Thanks, JesseWu -- this fixed my problem. I also see what you were mentioning about the states changing by just clicking on the objects themselves. This is, indeed, not what I want to happen. Can you provide some more information about the solution you are suggestion or point me toward some articles? 

Thanks!

JesseWu
        Community Member

Of course, you can use multiple triggers to reset the status.

I am lazy, so a easy way out is , put a big transparent rectangle above to cover all your SVGs, just like how your placeholders covered your selected objects originally. All click behaviors will be on this rectangle because it is on top. But nothing would happen because there is no triggers attached to it. You can still see through because it is transparent. 

Not a standard way, but it works.