Forum Discussion

ArithHsu
Community Member
4 years ago

Thai character's tone symbol is shifting on specific characters

We have proposed some font style to our client and we come to an agreement to use 2 ~ 3 Thai fonts from Google. But then we realize one of the font will run into a problem that specific characters' tone symbol will slightly shift to the left.

Problematic characters are:

รี

I am attaching the sample Storyline file here. You can see that I grab screenshot while the text layer was still in the slide-editing mode, and it looks fine. But in preview mode (as well as in browser's mode), the tone symbol is shifted.

Please also try installing below two fonts for this testing.

Triong will have such issue, but same strings / characters with the same font in other authoring tool work fine. I think this worth to look into the possible root cause.

• Hello Arith!

Thank you for sharing all of the resources for us to test this issue with Thai symbols! Since others have reported the same issue, we have logged this as a possible software bug, Thai symbols shifting.

I've linked these resources and comments to our report for further testing. We'll keep you updated in this discussion on the progress of a fix.

guangfeiliu
    Community Member

hello team, do we have any update for this issue, is it solved now?

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello Guangfei Liu,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue as well. We're still taking a look at the issue reported in this thread, but we'll be sure to leave a message here when we have any new updates to share! 

• Hi Lauren and Jose, any news on this? We're having the same issue of some tone characters shifting, using Browallia New

We had the same issue using Leelawadee

Are there any solutions or workarounds?
    Or some other font that is known to work with no problems?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Alejandra!

Thanks for checking in on this! Sorry to hear you've also been affected by Thai font shifting in Storyline!

Our team is still tracking the bug that causes this behavior. We'll be sure to provide updates as soon as we have news to share. In the meantime, installing Google Fonts Taviraj, or Maitree appears to be publishing the accent/intonation marks correctly. I'll open the floor to our knowledgeable community who may be able to provide additional workarounds as well!

For your reference, here's a deeper look at how we tackle bugs.