Forum Discussion

Aslamkhan
Community Member
5 years ago

Thai Language | Font issue

Hi Support Team,

We are working on a Thai language (Thailand) project and we can see the texts are not matched with Thai language Tone mark (the second line of superscript) are not showing completely.

Can you please help on this font issue.

Thanks

AK

• Hi AK!

I'm happy to investigate! To start troubleshooting, it's always helpful to see a glimpse of the error. Can you share a screenshot with us?

Once we receive that we'll look into why the Thai Language isn't displayed correctly!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

•  

Hi Lauren Connelly

I have issue about Thai Language font ,Thai characters are incompletely distorted.

Can you help me this problem.

Thank you so much.

Christ k.

• Hi, Piya, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for sharing the screenshot of what you're seeing! I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf, so you should hear from our team soon via e-mail. 

PaulRobere
    Community Member

I had the same problem when I was creating a presentation in Thai using Angsana New.  I also had problems.  Then I tried AngsanaUPC...still the same problem.

THEN..I tried Browallia NEW and BrowalliaUPC...AND IT WORKED.  

I would expect that Articulate doesn't recognize some characters in Angsana, but it seems to work with Browallia.

Good Luck

• Years passed, but prblems remain... :(

Still have problem with Thai fonts: Browallia New and UPC,  Adobe Thai, Thongterm, Noto Sans, ...

It seems there are no problems only with the default font Articulate uses when importing a Thai .xlf file (I don't know wht it is). Both have't a good look, but if they work, we will keep them. I have to ask a translator to check the file as may be some other mistake is around. 

• About these characters the weird thing is that it seems to be random: it is right in the "normal view" e sometimes (sometimes, not always!) it is wrong in the preview, but always wrong in the SCORM. Sometime the SCORM it is wrong if watched on a PC, but right in others PC. 

We are loosing our mind!

And it may be dipend from the version? Some time ago the problems were not so strong.

Even the support seems to fail... :(  Any idea?

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Editha!

Sorry to hear you've run into trouble with certain Thai fonts in Storyline!

I see that you've been working with my teammate John Carlo, through a support case. Glad to see he was able to share insight into this behavior. If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to reconnect with John Carlo through your case.