Forum Discussion

DanielRanson-a2
Community Member
2 years ago

Transcript help

Hi, 

I'm very new to Storyline and I've been using a template previously made to make a course. 

On the Slide Master there are buttons (pictures used) to show/hide a transcript and show/hide audio. I can see there is a true/false variable.

Then on the actual course when you click (for example) the transcript button it will change the state of a layer on that page which has a box that shows what is being narrated. 

I can get all this working fine, i'm having a two fold issue though.

1) The transcript just closes itself after a few seconds rather than staying on until the end of the audio.

2) The transcript reverts back to it's original state (false) for every page, I would like it to stick to one state until changes again.

I won't be able to share the story publicly as it has private information on.

I'm hoping there's a simple enough explanation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I apologise if this has been answered before but I wasn't 100% sure on what to actually search to find out. 

Thanks.

• Hello Daniel, 

Happy to help!

Since you are unable to share your project file here in the forums, I opened a support case on your behalf where you can share your file with us in private. Someone from our team will be in touch shortly via email, so please keep an eye out for any messages from us!