Forum Discussion

BirgitKrfer
Community Member
2 years ago

Translation: Can the source file be changed after the translation was exported?

Dear Articulate Team,

we noticed that when we export the text for translation and we change something in the source file in the meantime, we can still import the translation (Word doc). This wasn't possible in the past. 

Could you tell me what can be changed and what should not be touched? This is for us a huge game changer since we can publish translated content sooner AND have the changes from the English version already implemented.

• You have always been able to make edits and reimport, however if you added text boxes or removed text boxes then some translations may not come across.

You should be able to fix broken triggers, swap images, move objects around and add objects without breaking anything.

BirgitKrfer
    Community Member

So changing the position of a text box, formatting text, adding serial comas or full stops, new images and audio, webobjects, et. would work as well?  What about renaming objects in the timeline? 

I remember times when you could not import translations because e.g. a new image or audio was added. 

PhilMayor
      Super Hero

Never seen that issue, but the export has changed.

You may be able to rename, not sure if I would but they are internally referenced so likely not going to break anything.

You do get warning now if strings have not been imported.

Sent from my iPhone