Forum Discussion

AdeleG
Community Member
3 months ago

Trigger and State of transparent button

Dear everyone,

I have created transparent button - Normal state with a red dot in them, visited state - no dot. The idea, is that the red dot shows what has to be clicked, and when clicked it disapear.

Currently, the red dot only disapears, when user clicks on the dot itself. I would like it to disapear, independant from where the user clicks on the transparent button.

See Review: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/14f9769c-b1c3-41a5-a3cd-750c2c7a908b/review

Is this possible?

Thank you for your help!

Adèle

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Adèle, the reason this is happening is because the red dot is not part of a group with the main button.

If you select the main button (eg. the green circle with text in it) then also select the red dot, finally press CTRL+G. This will now create a group and the button and red dot will act together as one.

Hope this helps!

P.S. your slide looks great!

AdeleG
    Community Member

Hey Andrew,

thank you! I've grouped all the red dots with the transparent buttons, but is still only switch to visited state when it's exactly clicked on the dot.

Any ideas, where this could come from?

Best

Adèle

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Sorry Adéle, I should have added that you will need to remove the old triggers, and then add a single new one once it is a group.

You need to have the trigger on the GROUP, not the individual assets.

Let me know if that makes sense :)