Forum Discussion

LeghamLemming
Community Member
9 days ago

Trouble Restoring Storyline Project

Hello,

I created an amazing activity in 2019 in articulate storyline using a temporary account for an assignment. I exported the files and have them but they all appear to be in html/xml format. I cannot see any files with .story extensions.

I am now going through purchasing a new articulate account for myself - is there any hope of restoring this into storyline or am I stuck with just the html output? NB. it does work in browser as html but I wanted to develop it further. Sooooo much work to reproduce from scratch!!

Thanks for the help...

Sharon Lehman.

• Hello Sharon,

Thanks for reaching out! Published courses cannot be edited or reverse-engineered. As you mentioned, the project file with the *.story file extension is needed to modify the course.

Do you still have access to the computer you used to develop the course in 2019? You can look for the file in "Documents/My Articulate Projects," the default directory for Storyline courses. You can search for *.story files in File Explorer if it's not there. Also, you may have shared the Storyline course with a collaborator via email or saved it in an external or cloud storage.

I hope the file can be found. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

KarenPlummer
    Community Member

Hi there, I just screwed up a file beyond repair, and Articulate still doesn't have a "restore version history" possibility, but if your files were on your One Drive, this might help you find them.MS Support to recover files