Forum Discussion

JennaNelli
Community Member
4 months ago

True/False creating new slide every time

I am trying to put a True/False question onto a blank slide that is copied and pasted from my project (with the consistent background that I want). Every time I try to insert the graded T/F question, it makes a new slide that is blank without any formatting. Why on Earth can't I just insert the question into the slide I already made? I can't copy the background image either for some reason. I edited this particular background on the very first slide and have been copying and pasting this background with color adjustments for 26 slides without any issues. Now, when I try to put the simple T/F question onto the same slide, it instead makes this new, blank slide. When I copy the desired background from an earlier slide and paste it into the newly made T/F slide, it removes all of the color adjustment edits and won't let me change them back to look the same. 

• First, if you want all of your questions to have the same background, then you should create a layout in your Slide Master called Question. Storyline will automatically use this layout for every quiz question you create.

Second, if you are going to Slides -> Graded Question -> True False, this is telling Storyline you want to create a new slide, not use your current slide as a graded question. Instead, if you've already put content on the slide, like your question and your answer choices of true/false, you need to go to Insert -> Convert to Freeform - > Pick One. This tells Storyline you are converting your current slide into a quiz question slide.