Forum Discussion

KrisMarkman
Community Member
3 years ago

Unhandled exception error when opening Storyline 360

Hi,

I recently started getting an error every time I try to open Storyline 360 (see attached screenshot). This happens whether I try to open it from a file or from the Articulate 360 dashboard. I have already tried uninstalling Storyline and reinstalling once. I am running Windows 10. I can't get past this error -- if I click OK I just get the same error message again and I have to force quit from the task manager.

KrisMarkman
    Community Member

Hi all,

Sorry work got crazy! I tried several of the suggested fixes. What eventually worked was creating a new profile on my computer, which I needed my local IT to do. Storyline is now working on my new profile so I think the old one must have gotten corrupted somehow that that was causing the error.

EddieMurphy-deb
      Community Member

Good to know! That’s kinda what we ended up doing (only we fully reinstalled the OS on the virtual machine). Thanks for the response, Kris!

• Hi, Kris.

Great call opening a support case, as Ivana suggested! 

I see you're working with Chester, so you're in great hands! Please reach out through the case if you have additional questions. 

• Did we figure out what the issue was on this? I have a colleague who is experiencing the exact same issue. Thanks!

• Hi Eddie and Sharon!

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with the error message when attempting to open Storyline.

I want to ask a few questions to begin troubleshooting:

• Which Storyline update on your on?
    • Does this error occur when you try to open a specific .story file, or from opening Storyline in general?

This article on fixing erratic behavior in Storyline may help you too. 

I look forward to your answers and helping you each work through this issue!