Forum Discussion

RozGilmour
Community Member
4 months ago

Unhide Next button when revisiting slide

I have a slide that I set a trigger "when the timeline starts on this slide, set state of Next button to Hidden".  This means the Next button appears at the end of the video I have on the slide - great. 

If the user progresses to the next slide and then wants to return to this slide they can.  However the Next button does not display.  I have the slide properties set to Resume Saved State so that they dont need to view the video again, but it leaves the user in limbo-land as there is no next button.  I have tried various variables, but dont fully understand them so am getting in a muddle.  Can anyone help? Thanks Roz

• The setting for Revisiting doesn't impact the Next button. If the Next button is in the Normal state, the trigger to go to the next slide should run when the button is clicked. 

I think something is corrupted in one or both of the slides (1.6 and 1.7).  Here's some additional evidence. When I Preview both slides, I sometimes get the error message "The slide target of this link is not available in this preview." That has happened even when the Menu shows that the slide was included in the Preview, as shown in this image: 

Now that you've got the triggers figures out, I suggest you submit a case to the staff about the Next-button issue. You can do that here: Contact Support for Help with Any Articulate E-Learning Course Development Software 

RozGilmour
    Community Member

Ok both, thank you so much for your continued support on this.  It is all working now and it was a simple fix of updating to the latest version.  So my previews work beautifully and the triggers are doing what they were supposed to do.

Thanks again

Roz