Forum Discussion

KrisShenenbe782
Community Member
15 days ago

Storyline Next button Not Working when Revisiting

Hi all,

I've created a command line simulation. Learners type commands in text entry fields and then press enter to type in the next command. They have two chances to get it right. The simulations are Pick 1 freeform quiz slides and I have the Enable player navigation checkbox checked for when revisiting. Once you get to the end of the simulation, the Next/Back buttons appear. They work, except for slide 2.3 in the Intermediate level. I've attached the simulation and it includes the Intermediate and Advanced scenes so you can see that Advanced works. 

Would anyone be available to check it out and let me know why it's not working on 2.3?

Thank you!

• I got the email alert runrunsteven but it's not showing up here. I didn't notice the trigger was different. Thanks! I changed it (it shouldn't have been slide) but it still didn't fix the problem. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Kris,

Happy to help!

One key difference I noticed is the absence of a defined correct response in Slide 2.3. I checked your other slides and saw that they all had a correct answer defined to complete the interaction.

Please try defining a correct response for Slide 2.3 in Form View, and let me know if this fixes the issue for you!

KrisShenenbe782
      Community Member

Hi Jose! Thank you so much. I never would have noticed that. After I've gone through the simulation, I can select the Previous button and it works all the way to the beginning. Now, if I select the Next button to go forward again to see my answers, the Next button doesn't work. This is slide 2.3. The others are working properly. Any ideas why I can't get past 2.3 moving forward? I'm hiding the menu when I publish it, so learners won't have that to navigate.

runrunsteven
    Community Member

Hey! I'm noticing slides 2.4 through 2.9 and slides 3.3 through 3.9 all have the "Submit Pick One 1" trigger. Looks like slide 2.3 is missing that trigger. Not sure if that combined with Jose's response explains it?

KrisShenenbe782
      Community Member

Good catch. I saw that too after I uploaded the project. I've added the Pick 1 triggers and I'm still having the trouble. I do see I have an extra trigger on 2.3 and 3.3 that I don't have on the others. 
      Jump to slide next slide
      When Login changes
      If Login_correct = True

When I remove it, the slide doesn't work. When I type and Press enter, it doesn't go to the next slide.

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Kris,
        Would you mind uploading an updated copy of your project file containing all of the recent changes you've made to the course? We'll continue troubleshooting your project file with the updated triggers and let you know what we find!