Forum Discussion

ChenxueMa
Community Member
3 hours ago

(URGENT HELP NEEDED) No Previous/Next Button in Rise 360 Course

Dear all,

I have spent a lot of time searching in the community, but haven't found any case similiar to mine. I really need urgent help on my questions with Rise 360.

So, I was asked to create training lessons in Rise 360. Our management wants:

1. to have PREV and NEXT buttons on every page. 
  2. the users to pass every quiz question BEFORE moving to the next question: meaning that if they choose one option and it's wrong, we want them to redo that question until they get the right answer. Then, they can move on. 

After so much searching in the learning community, I want to ask:

1. currently, I only use "Continue" button to divide "pages". But after clicking the continue button, they disappear. If I want to go to the previous page, I can simply scroll down. This is not logical and the user experience is inconsistent. Is there any way to show PREV and NEXT pages, so that people have to click to move among pages.
  2. actually, are there PREV and NEXT buttons in Rise 360 course (NOT microlearning)?
  3. Is our ideal way (as mentioned above) of organizing the quizzes achievable in Rise 360?

I look forward to your kind advice. Thanks a million!!!

• Hi ChenxueMa there are not any PREV and NEXT buttons in Rise. Maybe it is being confused with Storyline which does feature these buttons in the player.

Regarding the quiz rules, this is also not possible. You cannot configure the quiz to force the user to answer the quiz question correctly before continuing.

If you do not need to support mobile phones with the content, Storyline will be a better option. If you do need to support mobile, you will have to make some re-designs on functionality.

It's always good to understand the software being worked with before designing a solution. Rise is somewhat flexible, but nowhere near the flexibility of Storyline or custom development when it comes to functionality.

• Hi ChenxueMa there are not any PREV and NEXT buttons in Rise. Maybe it is being confused with Storyline which does feature these buttons in the player.

Regarding the quiz rules, this is also not possible. You cannot configure the quiz to force the user to answer the quiz question correctly before continuing.

If you do not need to support mobile phones with the content, Storyline will be a better option. If you do need to support mobile, you will have to make some re-designs on functionality.

It's always good to understand the software being worked with before designing a solution. Rise is somewhat flexible, but nowhere near the flexibility of Storyline or custom development when it comes to functionality.

ChenxueMa
      Community Member

Hi Sam, thank you SO MUCH!!! You saved me so much time and energy. And many thanks for your advice on Storyline! We will surely look into that! Many thanks!